Come explore inside the walls of Cell Block 7
Hours of Operation
In effect March 1, 2017 – November 1, 2017
Wednesday – Sunday: 10:00 am- 5:00 pm
(Last entrance into museum at 4:00pm)
Monday – Tuesday: by appointment only for large group tours.
To schedule a group appointment call.
Cell Block 7 is easily accessed by either US 127 or I-94. We are located at 3455 Cooper Street in Jackson, Michigan on the grounds of the operational State Prison of Southern Michigan.
From the north or south, take US 127 to the Parnall Road exit. Head east on Parnall Road until Cooper Street (M-106). Take a left on Cooper Street and the museum entrance will be on your right.
From the east or west, take I-94 to exit 139 for M-106/Cooper St. Follow Cooper Street north until you arrive at the museum on your right.
Planning your visit
Since Cell Block 7 is on the grounds of an operational prison facility, we ask that you follow some simple rules to help your visit go smoothly.
- Please plan for an hour to an hour and a half to tour the facility
- Eating and smoking are not permitted in the museum
- Photography, video or audio recording are not permitted in the museum or on prison grounds
- Cell phones are not permitted in the museum
- 17 and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times